Wednesday 8 April 2015

Crumbs! I've Eaten the Pastor.

I'm here in Spain where I hoped to find some warm sunshine. However it seems I left it behind in England. Oh well, "asi es la vida" as they say here in Spain.

After a rather bracing walk in a chilly wind, I went in search of some warming comfort food.
One item on the menu certainly caught my eye. It was Crumbs the Pastor. Surely a misprint or bad translation I thought. However Migas de Pastor turns out to be a popular Spanish dish made from leftover bread with a variety of other ingredients depending upon the region of Spain. Mine happened to come with fried egg, chorizo, pork ribs, bacon, garlic, onion, peppers and even a few black grapes.

And the name migas does literally translate to crumbs, so the menu was correct. I'm not quite sure where the pastor comes into it though.



No comments:

Post a Comment