Saturday 25 April 2015

Bishop Burton and New Grandson

On Friday I set off in glorious spring sunshine on a 240 mile round trip to Cottingham (just outside Hull). The purpose of my visit was to see my new grandson in the flesh for the first time. Welcome Hendrix Iain Thomas Graham.

It is curious to think that five days ago he existed only in his mother's womb, yet now he is dominating our every thought. Last night I went to sleep thinking about him and when I woke, he was still in my thoughts. Of course I am biased, but I think he's just gorgeous.

My partner Maureen posted a photo of him on Facebook earlier in the week and she has since been inundated with "likes". He may be only five days old but already he is more popular than us.

On our return journey, we paused for a little while at the nearby village of Bishop Burton. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop_Burton

I had passed through on my last visit to see my son Paul and was struck by what a picturesque village it is.

Judge for yourself with these few photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment