Friday 27 September 2013

The White Room Playlist #2

For much of this week I have been laid low with what I am told is a heavy head cold. Personally I think it is a virulent form of 'man-flu'.

Anyway every cloud..... as they say. The time has given me the opportunity to catch up on some of the outstanding books I referred to recently. Also, I have as always been listening to music.

This week the playlist has been mainly:

VII by Blitzen Trapper of which more later.

Live at The Academy of Music 1971 by The Band and what a fine band they were.

Nothing Can Hurt Me (Movie Soundtrack) by Big Star

Wise Up Ghost & Other Stories by Elvis Costello & The Roots

Another Self Portrait by Bob Dylan (The Bootleg Series Vol 10). Self Portrait is still a pretty duff album but the takes on the first two CDs of this collection demonstrate that Dylan may just have started Americana way ahead of its time.


All very enjoyable. Consequently my pain and suffering have been eased considerably.


No comments:

Post a Comment