Saturday 25 October 2014

RIP Jack Bruce

It has been a very strange afternoon. 

I recently heard the very sad news about the death of true music legend Jack Bruce and as I was at the computer I felt compelled to write of my sadness in this blog. Having done so I browsed the web to try to find a little more information and was faced with a site suggesting that the reports of his death were in fact a hoax. Sick though that is, I hoped that it was indeed the case.

I quickly deleted my original posting.

Now more and more sites are posting the news of his passing and his family have posted a message on his own website. It would appear that Jack is no longer with us.

The word legend is used all too frequently these days but in my view Jack deserves the epithet. He was a wonderful songwriter, singer and musician and he has left a legacy of superb songs behind. Why, even this blog was named in honour of one of his great compositions.

The song 'We're Going Wrong' has a relatively simple chord progression but listen to Jack play it on piano and you realise what a wonderful song it is.
Beautiful.

Click here to hear it.


Rest in Peace Jack and thank you for all of your wonderful music.

No comments:

Post a Comment