Wednesday 3 July 2013

The Best Albums of 2013 (so far)

As another birthday slips by, I realise that we are once again midway through the year. So it seems a good time to quickly mention the albums that have most impressed me so far in 2013.

I have of course previously mentioned some of the best, such as:
  • Pere Ubu - Lady From Shanghai
  • Richard Thompson - Electric
  • Villagers - {Awayland}
  • Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing
  • Steve Earle - The Low Highway
  • Hiss Golden Messenger - Haw
  • These New Puritans - Field of Reeds
  • Anais Mitchell & Jefferson Hamer - Child Ballads

Others that are contenders include 'Til Your River Runs Dry' by Eric Burdon who remains in very fine voice. Also a great return to form by David Bowie with 'The Next Day', 'Push the Sky Away' by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds and the second album from Mount Moriah entitled 'Miracle Temple'.

I am also currently listening to 'Southeastern' by Jason Isbell and 'Once I Was an Eagle' by Laura Marling and I have little doubt that they will feature in my final decision at the end of the year.

All in all it has been a great year so far. And there are still another six months to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment