Tuesday 9 April 2013

Arne Dahl: The Blinded Man

I have made reference in earlier posts to my love of the Scandinavian crime dramas that have been shown on BBC4 and that appear to put our own, home produced dramas to shame. I refer of course to the likes of 'The Killing' and 'The Bridge'. It now seems that the place to be on a Saturday evening is on the sofa in front of BBC4.

This Saturday, we were treated to the latest offering from Sweden, 'Arne Dahl: The Blinded Man' which followed the tradition of it's predecessors. The premise is that a rather dysfunctional team of detectives, each with their own baggage, is brought together to investigate the murder of a group of financier businessmen. It may not yet live up to the brilliance of 'The Killing' but we are only at episode one of ten so I feel we must reserve judgement. However, it made a promising start and the three dimensional characters still tend to leave our own looking rather flat and well frankly, two dimensional.



Incidentally, Arne Dahl is actually the pen name of the Swedish crime writer Jan Arnald and he has written almost a dozen books under that name as well as several under his own name. I feel I must begin to download some of his stuff onto my Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment