Friday 15 March 2013

The Beatles - All These Years Volume 1 by Mark Lewisohn

Having expressed envy and disappointment at not being able to purchase 'Places I Remember', the fine book of Beatles photographs by Henry Grossman (http://eddie-graham.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Henry%20Grossman), it appears that there is another fine tome on the way.

The eagerly awaited first volume of Mark Lewisohn's work on The Beatles is now scheduled for release on 10 October 2013. At £30.00 for the hardback book, it would seem to be quite reasonable and should surely be on everyone's Christmas list. However I can see many being tempted by the 'Extended Special Edition Hardback'. I have no idea what that includes but the price is a hefty £120.00! (The book also must be hefty, running to 1,856 pages). Remember that this is only Volume 1 and covers only the early Liverpool and Hamburg years.

No other details have been released yet but rest assured that I will keep you posted as I receive news. I'd also appreciate any tip-offs from you good people out there. Meanwhile I will start saving my pennies.

PS
There's not much info there yet but check out the webpage http://thebeatlesbiography.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment