Thursday 28 January 2016

RIP Paul Kantner

It has not been a good January. I am becoming concerned that I may be wearing out certain keys on my computer keyboard. Namely R, I and P.

Today I have learned of the death of Paul Kantner at the age of 74. 

Kantner was a founding member of Jefferson Airplane who for me were probably at the vanguard of the West Coast US bands that I became attracted to in the mid to late 1960's. I vividly recall hearing 'White Rabbit' playing on Radio Luxembourg one night with the signal drifting in and out as it was prone to. The song just blew me away and I became an avid collector of the albums of the Airplane.

I suppose it is inevitable that we should now be hearing of the passing of members of that generation but these were musical heroes for many and the news is hard to take. I think that God must surely have enough members for his great band in the sky. So no more for a while please.

PLEASE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment