Monday 29 June 2015

RIP Chris Squire

Shocked and saddened yesterday when I heard the news of the death of Yes bass guitarist Chris Squire. He was only 67.


Yes were one of the many bands I got into in the late 1960's and I stuck with through the classic early 1970's albums 'Fragile', 'The Yes Album' and 'Close to the Edge'. Squire was always very much to the fore with his intelligent bass lines and his deft vocal harmonies to Jon Anderson's lead. As such, he was an integral part of the band, so much so, that he was in fact the only member to feature on every studio album.

He had a forceful personality and was a force to be reckoned with on stage and in the studio. I know he will be sadly missed by his fellow musicians and his legion of fans, myself included.

R.I.P. Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment