Thursday 10 July 2014

Seaside on the Quayside

While enjoying the glorious sunshine on the Newcastle Quayside yesterday it was nice to see the recently installed beach being put to good use. 

A small section of the quay has been converted into a beach complete with sand, palm trees, deck chairs and buckets and spades. It will also be hosting its own volleyball tournament.








Very pleasant but quite ironic as some of the country's finest beaches happen to be only 11 miles away.



Nevertheless the Tyne and Millennium Bridges formed a nice backdrop so I took a couple of snaps.










As I did so, one thought struck me. That is how guilty and furtive I felt taking completely innocent photos that included young children. 

We live in strange times!

Fortunately I felt safe enough taking this shot of the Millennium Bridge, or the 'blinking eye' as it is known for reasons that should be obvious.



On a totally different subject, a few albums have recently arrived. These include, 'CSNY 1974' by Crosby Stills Nash & Young, 'Why' by Ginger Baker and 'Touch & Flee' by the Neil Cowley Trio. Not sure when I will get a chance to listen to them though as I am off to see Midlake in Whitley Bay this evening and then have an early start tomorrow as I head to London to see the re-issued 'A Hard Day's Night' at BFI Southbank and Neil Young (plus Midlake and others) at Hyde Park.

There will be more on these albums and happenings in due course I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment