Monday 20 January 2014

New Year - New Experiences

At the beginning of a new year it is traditional here in the Western Hemisphere to make some new year resolutions. These are simply promises to oneself to do something new or different, or to take up some kind of self improvement activity. I doubt that many resolutions made in the early hours of the new year are actually kept beyond the end of January and I confess that in past years that has certainly been the case with me.

However, I have decided that this year is going to be different.

Consequently I have signed up for a few activities which should keep me busy until at least April and hopefully well beyond. I have already attended and thoroughly enjoyed a session to learn Tai Chi - something I have yearned to do since visiting China a couple of years ago. Also, having given up trying to play the guitar several years ago, my youngest son's acquisition of a ukulele inspired me to give that a try. I have to say that my first group session last week was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to this week's lesson. Finally, I have also agreed to attend monthly 'jazz appreciation' sessions to try to broaden my knowledge of a musical genre with which I only have a fleeting familiarity.

With all these new activities and my constant desire to improve my Spanish language skill and to read all of the books I actually own, I clearly have my work cut out. However, it should also be a lot of fun.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment