Sunday 30 December 2012

Best Music of 2012 - The Compilation CD

At this time of year it is traditional among a group of friends to each compile and share CDs of what we consider to be the best music of the past year. Despite the fact that we share similar tastes in music, it is surprising how much variation there can be on the discs and I look forward to receiving them as I often discover something new that I have overlooked myself.

Anyway, here is my tracklist for 2012.

1. Ships - Anais Mitchell
2. Ice Age - Dr John
3. Jesus etc. - Bill Fay
4. Hold On - Alabama Shakes
5. Time - The Mastersons
6. Missing Pieces - Jack White
7. Crazy to Love You - Leonard Cohen
8. Sure 'nuff 'N Yes I Do - Ralph Stanley
9. Church Falling Down - Little Feat
10. Jonathan - Fiona Apple
11. Banker Bets, Banker Wins - Ian Anderson
12. Ghosts That We Knew - Mumford & Sons
13. Can't Make Me Run - Alejandro Escovedo
14. Mosaic - Patti Smith
15. Goatlord - Goat
16. Puerto - Calexico
17. Come Back Little Star - Patterson Hood
18. Wide River To Cross - Diana Krall

For 2013, I believe there will be a new album from Richard Thompson and I already have my ticket to see him live in March. I am of course looking forward to the Family reunion gig at Shepherd's Bush Empire in February and I also have a ticket to see Neil Young & Crazy Horse when they play Newcastle in June. What a night that will be!

I am sure there will be plenty of other goodies also, both on record and in the form of live events. Here's wishing you all the very best for 2013.

Keep on rocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment