Friday 3 July 2015

Fifteen Minutes of "Fame"

After months of hard work and rehearsals, the little folk band I play with each week, justified the effort on Thursday night with a fifteen minute set on the stage of Hall 2 at Sage Gateshead. It was all part of an 'acoustic roots' evening.

I have seen many of my musical heroes performing on that very stage over the past 10 years, so it was a particular treat for me to be able to have a nose around back stage and then to actually perform before an audience in that wonderful venue.

After a bit of a shambolic sound check, I'm pleased to say that we pulled it together backstage and the performance went well. And to think that 18 months ago the thought of performing in public would have filled me with dread. I'm therefore grateful to my tutor and bandmates for helping me to step outside my comfort zone.

Thanks guys. I wouldn't have missed that for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment